Animal Emergency Center in Memphis offers emergency veterinary services on evenings, weekends and major holidays. For emergency care during regular business hours, contact your primary care veterinarian.
Our hours may be temporarily different from our previously published hours. Please call ahead or check our Facebook page for any changes to our availability.
Learn what to do in an emergency and read our FAQS.
We accept referrals from veterinarians.
The reliable and compassionate team at Animal Emergency Center offers veterinary care for pets in any emergency situation. Our passion is emergency medicine and we take pride in providing quality medical care when your pet needs it most.
Some of the pet emergencies we treat involve toxicity, dog fights, broken bones, foreign body ingestions, or being struck by a car. We also treat pets with medical conditions which may become unmanageable over time such as pancreatitis, seizures, or diabetes, to name a few.
If your pet is experiencing any symptoms or behaviors that you are concerned about, come to our office right away. Contact us in advance if you can.
Some examples of emergencies include:
- Severe bleeding or blood in urine
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Choking, difficulty breathing or continuous coughing/gagging
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Inability or difficulty urinating or passing feces
- Injuries to the eye(s)
- Your pet has ingested something poisonous
- Fractured bones, lameness or inability to move leg(s)
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Over 2 episodes of vomiting or diarrhea in 24-hours